Steve represents clients in various industries including the oil & gas, real estate, mortgage and title businesses. Steve has also owned or helped operate title, oil & gas and mortgage companies and has a unique, hands-on perspective on the corporate and legal issues facing all business owners.
In his free time, Steve is an avid off-road bicycle rider and enjoys riding bikes in state and national parks and camping in an Airstream trailer.
Steve represents entrepreneurial clients from inception through the lifecycle of a business enterprise, providing corporate advice to companies on multiple topics. Steve forms all types of entities and advises on the structure, differences and advantages of each type of entity. Steve guides his clients through the intricacies of the federal and state securities laws, helping his clients raise funds on a private and public basis. Steve also represents his clients in the acquisition of assets or other entities, preparing and negotiating asset and stock purchase agreements for multiple types of companies and industries, representing buyers and sellers, and assists in designing and implementing due diligence examinations of prospective buyers and sellers. If clients want to exit their business enterprises, Steve counsels his clients through available strategies to maximize his clients’ return on investment.
- Undergraduate Institution: Oberlin College
Degree Earned: BA, Economics major, History minor
Year of Graduation:1979
Honors: Captain of football team and President of rugby club
- Law School: Southern Methodist University School of Law
Degree earned: JD
Year of Graduation: 1982
ADMISSIONS & HONORS
- Year of Texas State Bar Admittance: 1983
- Other State Bar Admittance: Former member of Oklahoma Bar Association, 1982-1986
- Steve is a member of the Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law, Business Law, and Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Sections of the State Bar of Texas, the Real Property and Securities Sections of the Dallas Bar Association and the Real Property, Trust & Estate Law and Business Law Sections of the American Bar Association.
- Steve is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Heisman Club, the athletic booster club for Oberlin College.
ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS
- Avoiding General Solicitation Issues in Private Placements of Oil & Gas Securities and Related Concerns, presented to the Oil & Gas Section of the Dallas Bar Association, August 2001